This website is dedicated to following – and changing – the investment practices of the East Sussex County Council (ESCC) Pension Fund. It is being updated every so often so please check back to see if new information has been added. Feel free to email us on email@example.com
As of 30th November 2011, the East Sussex County Council (ESCC) Pension Fund, “is valued at £1,867 million,” and is one of the largest pension funds in England and Wales. The fund’s members include East Sussex County Council, Brighton and Hove City Council, the University of Sussex and several district, borough and parish councils in East Sussex.
For many years, different people and organisations have been campaigning for the ESCC Pension Fund to change its investment practices to seriously take into account environmental and social factors. This involves not just divesting from certain damaging and destructive corporations, such as arms and tobacco corporations, but also developing positive criteria for where it will invest its money to the benefit of the community and the environment.
So far, very little progress has been made on the ESCC’s ethical investment practices, even though many have raised their concerns.
That needs to change.
For more information, please find on this website:
– A list of the members of the ESCC Pension Fund
– Minutes from the ESCC Pension Fund Investment Panel which were released by Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
– An Analysis of the minutes.
– Proposals on how the ESCC Pension Fund could change its investment practices.
– A timeline of the minutes which focuses on mentions of socially responsible investment, corporate governance and the ‘active shareholder’ approach.
– A page looking at some of the investments and press coverage of the ESCC Pension Fund
– Questions which remain to be asked of the ESCC Pension Fund.
– Papers, lectures and press coverage on Socially Responsible Investment.
Feel free to get in touch to ask questions, provide additional information or challenge what is written here. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org